Loading Events

« All Events

  • This event has passed.

Build a Native Bee House with Garden City Harvest

May 11 @ 10:00 am - 2:00 pm

Habitat for native bees is shrinking every day.

Join us to enhance nesting habitat for these crucial pollinators! Build your own native bee house to hang in your yard or garden, learn how to maintain your bee house for years to come, and keep your backyard buzzers happy and healthy!

This workshop will teach you the basics of bee nesting biology and providing pollinator habitat to pass along to family, friends and community. “Bee” part of the solution as we work to save our pollinators!

**Kiddos and youth are welcome!**
We ask that any participant under the age of 12 is accompanied by an adult.

**Price reflects the cost of materials**
We encourage you and your child/partner/friend would like to build a house together! In this case, please register your guest for free so we can prepare adequately.

Did you know?

Missoula County is home to over 230 species of native bees! Almost all of these bees are solitary nesters, and about 70% of these bees nest in little tunnels underground. The other 30% nest in cavities such as holes in wood or in hollow or pithy native plant stems. Watch these incredible creatures turn your bee house into a home of their own!


Rye Dickson is Garden City Harvest’s Community Gardens Coordinator. With years of international pollinator research under their belt, Rye leads our ever-expanding series of workshops on native pollinators. They instruct some of our other garden and kitchen workshops as well, sharing their passion for plants and pollinators, community, and all things related to eating and growing food.


Accessibility is central to the mission of Garden City Harvest. For this reason, our workshops are available on a sliding scale. A limited number of scholarships may be available for each workshop. If interested, please email [email protected].


May 11
10:00 am - 2:00 pm
Event Category:


Garden City Harvest
1657 River Rd
Missoula, MT 59801
+ Google Map
View Venue Website