Why Local and Why Abundant Montana
Why Local Food Matters
- Local food sources make Montana more food-secure.
- Local food means we know the quality of what we eat and its impact on our land.
- Local food means more jobs and money that stay in Montana, re-investing in our communities.
Why Abundant Montana
Abundant Montana educates consumers about Montana-made food and its value, and supports food and farming entrepreneurs and enterprises building successful, well-connected and thoughtful businesses.
With our widely accessible virtual Local Food Map; our social, video and print media campaigns, and our affordable suite of marketing services and technical assistance for local food and farming businesses, Abundant MT is cultivating:
- informed consumers advocating for local, nutrient-dense and culturally-appropriate foods,
- tangible, inclusive relationships across the entire Montana food web fostering collaboration and partnerships,
- thriving and respected food providers stewarding our land, water and seeds, and
- a Montana where everyone is nourished and food secure.